Table 1. 0342 Engine Speed Sensor Diagnostic Code.
TEST OR INSPECTION
0342-08 Secondary Engine
Speed Sensor Abnormal
· Always inspect harness connectors that are involved in the circuit. Poor
connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical circuit.
Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and that all
connections are in good condition. If a problem with the connection is
found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction or diagnostic
code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each harness connection to identify
the correct harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Engine ECM Receives Erratic Data From Camshaft Speed Timing Sensor.
· Basic Engine Wring Harness High Resistance, Open, or Shorted.
· Camshaft Speed Timing Sensor.
· Engine ECM.
Test Step 1. Inspect Camshaft Speed
Timing Sensor for Damage and
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position
2. Disconnect connector CM-C8
camshaft speed timing sensor