Table 1. 0190 Engine Speed Sensor Diagnostic Code.
TEST OR INSPECTION
0190-08 Engine Speed
· Always inspect harness connectors that are involved in the circuit. Poor
connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical circuit.
Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and that all
connections are in good condition. If a problem with the connection is
found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction or diagnostic
code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each harness connection to identify
the correct harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active with engine running.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Engine ECM Receives Erratic Data From Crankshaft Speed Timing Sensor.
· Basic Engine Wiring Harness High Resistance, Open, or Shorted.
· Crankshaft Speed Timing Sensor.
· Engine ECM.
Test Step 1. Inspect Crankshaft
Speed Timing Sensor for Damage
and Improper Installation.
1. If arctic start aid installed, insulate
arctic start aid battery cables and
connect negative battery cables
2. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position
3. Disconnect connector CM-C6
crankshaft speed timing sensor