Table 1. 0174 Fuel Temperature Sensor Diagnostic Codes Continued.
TEST OR INSPECTION
0174-04 Fuel Temperature
Sensor Voltage Below
· Always inspect harness connectors that are involved in the circuit. Poor
connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical circuit.
Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and that all
connections are in good condition. If a problem with the connection is
found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction or diagnostic
code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each harness connection to identify
the correct harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Engine ECM Detects Below Normal Voltage on Fuel Temp Sensor Signal Circuit
· Fuel Filter Wiring Harness Shorted.
· Engine Interface Wiring Harness Shorted.
· Basic Engine Wring Harness Shorted.
· Fuel Temperature Sensor.
· Engine ECM.
Test Step 1. Test for Shorted Fuel
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position
2. Disconnect connector AW-C2
temperature sensor connector
3. Turn battery disconnect switch and
ignition switch to ON position
4. At MSD, check for active
174-3 Fuel Temperature Sensor Volt-
diagnostic code 174-4 Fuel
age Above Normal Becomes Active
Temperature Sensor Voltage
Replace fuel temperature sensor
Proceed to Test Step 5.
174-4 Fuel Temperature Sensor
Voltage Below Normal Remains
Active Proceed to Test Step 2.