Table 1. 0110 Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Diagnostic Codes.
TEST OR INSPECTION
0110-03 Engine Coolant
Temperature Sensor Voltage
· Always inspect harness connectors that are involved in the circuit. Poor
Above Normal or Engine
connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical circuit.
Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and that all
Parameter Is 40
connections are in good condition. If a problem with the connection is
found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction or diagnostic
code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each harness connection to identify
the correct harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active with engine running.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Engine ECM Detects Above Normal Voltage on Coolant Temp Sensor Signal
· Basic Engine Wring Harness High Resistance, Open, or Shorted.
· Coolant Temperature Sensor.
· Engine ECM.
Test Step 1. Test Coolant Temp
Sensor Signal Voltage.
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position
2. Disconnect connector CM-C10
temperature sensor connector
3. Turn battery disconnect switch and
ignition switch to ON position
Voltage Greater Than 5.5 V Proceed
(WP 0540), test for voltage
to Test Step 2.
between connector CM-C10
Voltage 5.5 V or Less Proceed to
terminal 1 and terminal 2
Test Step 3.