Table 1. 0091 Throttle Position Sensor Diagnostic Code.
TEST OR INSPECTION
0091-08 Throttle Position
· Always inspect harness connectors that are involved in the circuit. Poor
connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical circuit.
Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and that all
connections are in good condition. If a problem with the connection is
found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction or diagnostic
code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each harness connection to identify
the correct harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Engine ECM Detects Abnormal Frequency on Throttle Signal Circuit F702.
· Governor Control Pedal Assembly.
· Main Cab Wiring Harness High Resistance or Open.
· Engine Interface Wiring Harness High Resistance or Open.
· Tractor Throttle Sensor.
· Engine ECM.
Test Step 1. Inspect Governor
Control Pedal Assembly.
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position
2. Inspect governor control pedal
Pedal Assembly Components Ok
assembly for loose, worn, missing,
Proceed to Test Step 2.
and damaged components
Pedal Assembly Components
Loose, Worn, Missing, or Damaged
Replace governor control pedal
assembly (WP 0526).
Proceed to Test Step 14.