TM 3 - 4 2 4 0 - 3 0 9 - 2 0 & P
DO NOT throw away damaged or unusable filters as ordinary trash.
Do turn in damaged or unusable filters to your hazardous waste management office
or Defense Reutilization and Marketing Office (DRMO).
The unit conmmander or senior officer in charge of maintenance personnel assigned
to remove the contaminated gas and particulate filters must prescribe the
necessary protective clothing (TM 10-277) to be worn during this operation He
must also prescribe the necessary safety measures to be followed including the
NBC decontamination (FM 3-5). This must be performed before the new filters are
installed. Failure to wear protective clothing or follow safety measures may
result in injury or death.
Set POWER switch (1) on compartment control
module to OFF.
2. Loosen screw (2).
3. Pull catch (3) outward and swing retaining bar
(4) away from access cover (5)
4. Using handles, pull access cover (5) from
access hole frame (6).
5 . Pull two particulate filters (7) from housing unit
1. Place the particulate filters (7) in housing unit
(8), either end first.
2. Grasp access cover by the handles and place it
in the access hole frame (6).
3. Swing retaining bar (4) up across access cover
and engage end of bar with catch (3).
Bodily injury may red if
seals arc not properly seated to
prevent bypass of contaminated air.
4. Tighten screw (2) until floating nut (9) is flush
with top surface (A) of retaining bar (4).