B-4. EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS (SECTION IV).
(3) STOCK NUMBER Column. This column lists the NSN for the associated part number and manufacturer
identified in the PART NUMBER and FSCM columns to the left.
(4) FIG. Column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in section II.
(5) ITEM Column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure referenced
in the adjacent figure number column.
B-5. SPECIAL INFORMATION.
a. Fabrication Instructions. Bulk materials required to manufacture items are listed in the Bulk Material
Functional Group of this RPSTL. Part numbers for bulk materials are also referenced in the description column of the line
item entry for the item to be manufactured/fabricated.
b. Index Numbers. Items which have the word BULK in the figure column will have an index number shown in
the item number column. This index number is a cross-reference between the National Stock Number/Part Number Index
and the bulk material list in section II.
B-6. HOW TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS.
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Not Known.
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item
belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and subassembly groups, and listings are
divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and note the item number.
(4) Fourth. Refer to the Repair Parts List for the figure to find the part number for the item number noted on
(5) Fifth. Refer to the Part Number Index to find the NSN, if assigned.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known.
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent National Stock
Number or Part Number. The NSN index is in National Item Identification Number (NIIN) sequence [see B-4.a.(1)]. The
part numbers in the Part Number index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence (see B-4.b.). Both indexes cross-
reference you to the illustration figure and item number of the item you are looking for.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one you are looking for,
then locate the item number in the repair parts list for the figure.